Monday, July 07, 2008

A Gig.

Well not exactly, but the next best thing.

Last Saturday afternoon and evening the theatre group Theatrebox performed a play at the Harrogate Royal Hall that had been specially written for them by Terry Deary (author of the Horible Histories books). The cast was made up of around 180 children/teenager aged between 4 and 19 and the show they put on was amazing. I helped out with the musical scores for some of the songs and was also lucky enough to be asked to play with the band. It kept me pretty busy for most of this year, so I haven't managed to get much done for Strange Devotion, though of course the single was released in May.

This was the first time I have played live for over 20 years and I really enjoyed it and can't wait to play live again. Maybe I will be able to do a few Strange Devotion gigs in the future.

My trusty Korg Prophecy in the corner of the 'pit'


It probably would have been a better idea to have written about this before the event rather than after it, but I guess I can just blam that on being so busy practicing.

I shall now be carrying on working on my latest Strange Devotion track Half Life, which will be put onto the myspace page as soon as the recording is complete.

No comments: